Thursday, March 13, 2025

My Dream Home...

There is a special place in my heart for my grandparent's house. My grandma and grandpa built that house with their own two hands. I've heard countless stories about that house's construction...even ones of my grandma helping to lay floorboards even when she was pregnant.

That house has seen a lot over the years. So much, in fact, that I can't sum them up here. Stories I feel that need their own separate posts. Stories that make the house a Home.

So why an entire blog dedicated to a house built 60+ years ago? After having a few conversations with my Grandma, I've made it known how much I want them to leave the house to me. And I don't want to come off as greedy or even morbid, but I really do love that house and it pains me to think of someone else living in it who doesn't cherish it nearly as much as I do.

The other reason I've decided to start a blog about this house is because when it does become mine, it is going to need some updates. And I don't want to make any rash decisions that I will end up regretting. You see, I've never been much of a ig-scale planner. Take my wedding, for example. I know plenty of girls who had every last detail of their wedding planned by the time they were 14. Me? I still didn't know what I wanted the day of the ceremony. (Seriously, I was scrolling through my iTunes library for our first dance song the morning of when I was getting my hair done. Which I also didn't have a plan for...I just told my friend Marcie to do whatever she thought would be good.) My point? I figure if I start pulling ideas together now, when I have the house (and the money to update it), I will have a good, solid idea of how I want each room to turn out.

So, here it goes. My Dream Home, Phase I: Ideas!


And yes, I am aware that the timestamp on this post also says it's 2025, but I wanted this post to be first in the line-up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment